The Strangeness of Retail and Hospitality
Don't get me wrong I'm sure most customers are quite intelligent people, sometimes perhaps out of their comfort zone (especially in a computer store) and sometimes you have to wonder if they actually lost all ability to think as they entered the shop. So from another site I randomly browsed to (Not Always Right) here are some stories:
- Kookie Cookie Karma
- Think Before You Ink
- Even Bosses Have A Stupid Quota - Sometimes a problem is so silly you really are asking yourself why? or what?
- Canada, America's Baseball Cap and The Land of Maple Leafed Savages - this reminds me of a certain part of the UK, perched on the top which most people appear to think is about the size of a county,
- Military Intelligence
- Natural Selection in Action - It's strangely common for people to claim to be allergic to something and then insist on having something which contains it, I can only imagine that they think it guarantees them that they won;t get it.
- Lieutenant BSOD Reporting For Duty - One of the most bizarre things in the world of PC sales is the questions that new users ask.
- All Retail Slaves Look The Same - This one used to really annoy me when I worked for McDonalds in an Asda, their customers just wouldn't accept that someone wearing blank rather than green, with the golden arches rather than Asda as a logo and a name badge from another company had "no idea where Asda have just moved the [insert thing] to but if you ask that person over there in the Asda fleece they should be able to help."
- Time To Call The Plumber
- We Need One Of These In Every Store - It rapidly restores your views of the public when something like this happens in front of you.
- De Ting, DE TING!!